Finding the right gifts for friends and family that they won’t want to return can be one of the biggest stressors about holiday shopping. The worst thing you can do is buy something for someone just because it’s half price on Black Friday. “Oh look, a toaster!” is not exactly the response you want someone to have on Christmas morning. [yes, that Scrooged reference] In all seriousness though, toasters are great to pick up at half price but typically not so great as gifts.
My simple solution for making holiday shopping more productive and meaningful is to shop based on the same things marketers use to get their products in front of their target audiences – psychographics.
Psychographics are interests and passion points that we have which make us more likely to want certain things. I created this psychographic gift guide for 25 different profiles and their corresponding gift ideas- all under $50. The best thing is you don't even have to leave your couch on Black Friday. Just click and buy. Holiday shopping simplified!
For extra help on figuring out what to buy each person on your list, you can also read my article on finding the perfect gift every time. *Hint- pay attention at Thanksgiving dinner to find out what your friends and family are passionate about.
The 25 Under $50 Psychographic Gift Guide
- The Early Adopter: Amazon Echo $29 on Amazon Black Friday Sale!
- The Uber Organizer: Mark & Graham Leather Charger Roll Up $32
- The Jet Setter: Aesop Jet Set Travel Soap Kit $37
- The Techie- Arianna Huffington Phone Charger Bed $49
- The Green Thumb- 5 Piece Gardener Set $39
- The Kid: Exploding Kittens Game $15
- The Foodie: Bon Appetit Subscription Gift Set $34
- The Chef: All Clad Measuring Cups $49
- The Dog Lover: Palm Pet Bowl $25
- The Planner: The Productivity Planner $25
- The Sensitive Soul: What I Love About You, By Me Book $10
- The Investor: Tony Robbins Money Mastering the Game $13
- The Pop Culture Icon: Bye Felicia Mug $15
- The Disney Fan: Cinderella’s Castle Patent $13
- The Neat Freak: Metal Magnetic Wall Plate Organizer $15
- The Homebody: Anthropologie Turn off The Sink Soap Set $38
- The Tea Lover: Glass Tumbler with Infuser $25
- The Natural Beauty: Herbivore Pink Clay Mask $26
- The Golfer: Titleist Golf Balls $40
- The Artist: Acrylic Paint Set $20
- The Beauty Queen: Mac Nude Lip Set $39
- The Road Tripper: Scratchable U.S. Map $28
- The Bookworm: Classic Book Set of Matches $22
- The Fit Guru: Goal Getter Journal $20
- The Fashionista: #TheBlondSaladNeverStops Iphone Case $39
Your Wish List Using The Rule of 4
The other thing that stresses me out about the holidays is when my loved ones ask me what I want, which of course I can never remember on the spot. I took some time to think about this using the rule of 4:
I’ve included a few of my own personal wishes as thought-starters for your Christmas wish list.
Something I Want: Le Labo Rose Soap
Something I Need: Sam Edelman Rain Boots
Something To Wear: Sole Society Scarf that doubles as a blanket
Something To Read: How to Be Most Productive With Your Work Deep Work
Welcome to Honey & Figs! I'm Lisa. I love helping people with practical ways to live more abundant lives based on my own experience. You can click here to find out more about me.
Become part of the Honey & Figs Community & get the Newsletter