Honey and Figs is committed to maintaining privacy protections for its users. This document governs the privacy notice of our website honeyandfigs.com.
“Service” refers to the Company’s services accessed via the Site, in which users can opt-in, purchase, or enter for free.
The terms “we,” “us,” and “our” refer to the Company’s website.
“You” refers to you, as a user of our Site or our Service.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Website: The Website may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the Website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form.
- Information We Collect from Others: The Website may receive information about you from other sources. For example, if you use a third-party software through the site, they may transfer information to us for fulfillment.
- Automatically-Collected Information: The Website automatically collects certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. For example, when you use the Website, The Website will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. The Website may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked.
- Cookies: The Website may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the Website. The Website may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the Website.
2. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We collect and “Non-Personal Information” and “Personal Information.”
Non-Personal Information is data that cannot be used to personally identify you. It is simply anonymous data. This includes general demographic information we may collect, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, preferences you submit and preferences that are generated based on the data you submit.
Personal Information is data that can be used to personally identify you. This includes your email address and first name. This data is provided to us by you voluntarily via an opt-in form, email, phone, or contacting us via our website or scheduling system.
3. INTERNET TRAFFIC DATA
Internet traffic data includes the name of the website you came from (known as the “referring URL”), your internet service provider information, the IP address of your computer/the proxy server you use to access the Internet, your web browser type, the type of mobile device, your computer operating system, and data about your browsing activity when using our website. We do not collect personally identifying information through this process, and it is used to analyze user traffic to help improve our website to provide a better user experience.
A cookie is a string of information that a website stores on a visitor’s computer, and that the visitor’s browser provides to the website each time the visitor returns. Cookies collect certain types of non-personal information such as the search terms you use on our Site, the specific web pages you visit, the duration of your visits, and your preferences.
5. WHEN ENTERING AND USING OUR WEBSITE
When you enter and use our website and agree to accept cookies, some of these cookies, such as those obtained from third party pixels like Facebook or others, may contain your Personal Information.
6. CONTROLLING YOUR PRIVACY
Note that you can change your browser settings to disable cookies if you have privacy concerns. Disabling cookies for all sites is not recommended as it may interfere with your use of some sites. The best option is to disable or enable cookies on a per-site basis. Consult your browser documentation for instructions on how to block cookies and other tracking mechanisms.
7. WHEN BUYING PRODUCTS OR SERVICES
If you purchase products or services from us, we collect your first and last name, email address, physical address, credit card or other payment information, phone number, and other information listed.
8. HOW WE USE AND SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- Personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested in
- Improve our website in order to better serve you
- Provide our products and services you have requested or purchased from us
- Contact you with marketing and advertising we believe that you may be interested in
- Fulfill orders placed on the Website;
- Send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings.
- Send you administrative communications such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies or security alerts;
- Respond to comments or inquiries;
- Provide you with user support
9. THIRD PARTIES
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your Personal Information to other individuals or business entity without your consent. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
10. THIRD-PARTY USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their own respective privacy policies. Honey and Figs currently uses the following third-party service providers:
- Google Analytics – this service tracks Website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture information such as your IP address
- MailChimp – this service is used for delivery of email updates and newsletters. It stores your name and email address for purposes of delivering such communications.
- Drip – this service is used for delivery of email updates and newsletters. Drip stores your name and email address for purposes of delivering such communications.
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time in the Website’s sole discretion.
11. GOOGLE ANALYTICS PRIVACY NOTICE
This website uses Google Analytics to collect information about how visitors use our website. Google Analytics collects information from users such as age, gender, location, interests, internet browser, how often they visit our website, and what pages they visit. We use the information we get from Google Analytics to analyze traffic, improve our marketing, and improve our website.
For more information on how Google collects and processes your data, visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
You can prevent Google Analytics from using your information by opting out at this link: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Facebook: Opt-out of Facebook remarketing here
Google: Opt-out of Google remarketing here
Sponsored Content Tracking Pixels
This Website may engage in sponsored campaigns with various influencer networks, brands, and agencies. All sponsored content is duly disclosed in accordance with the FTC’s requirements. From time to time, these sponsored campaigns utilize tracking pixels (aka web beacons), which may contain cookies to collect data regarding usage and audience. This information is collected by the sponsoring company to track the results of the campaign. As stated above, these pixels may capture your IP address on behalf of the content sponsor. No personally identifiable information collected by the Website is used in conjunction with these tracking pixels.
Affiliate Program Participation
The Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
Honey and Figs is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. As part of this Amazon Associates program, the Website will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
On the Website, you may subscribe to our newsletter, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, Honey and Figs may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows Website to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties.
13. RIGHTS RELATED TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at email@example.com to be removed from our mailing list.
Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Amend – You may contact us at email@example.com to amend or update your personal information.
Forget – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
14. SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
15. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
This website is not directed to anyone under the age of 13, although we realize that a child under the age of 13 may try to access our website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If we learn that we have gathered personal information from anyone under the age of 13 without the consent of a parent or guardian, we will delete that information as soon as possible. If you are a parent or guardian and believe we have collected such information, please contact us at email@example.com.
16. EMAIL POLICY
17. SECURITY POLICY
Protecting your information is a top priority for us. When you submit personal information to the Site, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect personal information, that information is encrypted and transmitted to us by secure servers. We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information including encryption and firewalls. Unfortunately, these measures do not guarantee that your personal information will not be accessed and misused over the internet.
18. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to opt-out of any further contact from us or our affiliates by following the instructions at the bottom of each email. You may also change your contact preferences by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
19. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
10. TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at https://honeyandfigs.com/terms-and-conditions/.
22. CONTACT US
This policy was last modified on May 24, 2018.